From: Joakim Tjernlund <joakim.tjernlund@×××××××××.se>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] crossdev improvements
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2010 16:07:12
1 Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o> wrote on 2010/09/24 19:01:26:
2 >
3 > On Friday, September 24, 2010 12:01:21 Joakim Tjernlund wrote:
4 > > - make crossdev respect PORTAGE_CONFIGROOT. We use our own portage
5 > > tree for our pkgs, including the compiler, as we want to be able
6 > > to recreate/rebuild the same sw versions in the future.
7 >
8 > i dont know what this means. crossdev doesnt touch PORTAGE_CONFIGROOT at all.
9 >
10 > > - a switch to control softfloat instead of encoding this in vendor
11 > > name. The cross name is getting too long with softfloat in it.
12 >
13 > except that softfloat checks go beyond the cross-compiler and packages in the
14 > tree need to be able to query support. unless you have a clean way of
15 > handling this, there is no alternative.
16 >
17 > > - make crossdev build a binary cross compiler pkg which can be
18 > > emerged by other machines.
19 >
20 > crossdev is merely a frontend to emerge. so do it yourself:
21 > crossdev ... --portage -B ...
22
23 So I tried this(using --portage -b instead) and I don't quite get it to work.
24 My binpkg foo is pretty much non existing :)
25
26 So far I get a bin pkg in
27 /usr/portage/packages/cross/powerpc-4.4.4_softfloat-linux-gnu/cross-powerpc-4.4.4_softfloat-linux-gnu
28 and to get at it I must change PKGDIR to /usr/portage/packages/cross/powerpc-4.4.4_softfloat-linux-gnu/
29 get at the package. Does it have to be there or could it be moved to /usr/portage/packages/
30 so emerge finds it without messing with PKGDIR?
31
32 Next problem, how do I force other computers to use the bin pkg? Unless one
33 passes -G to emerge, emerge rebuilds the pkg and I don't want that
34 as I have passed EXTRA_ECONF args and added a small patch to glibc as well.
35
36 Jocke