From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] crossdev improvements
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2010 17:08:09
1 On Friday, September 24, 2010 12:01:21 Joakim Tjernlund wrote:
2 > - make crossdev respect PORTAGE_CONFIGROOT. We use our own portage
3 > tree for our pkgs, including the compiler, as we want to be able
4 > to recreate/rebuild the same sw versions in the future.
5
6 i dont know what this means. crossdev doesnt touch PORTAGE_CONFIGROOT at all.
7
8 > - a switch to control softfloat instead of encoding this in vendor
9 > name. The cross name is getting too long with softfloat in it.
10
11 except that softfloat checks go beyond the cross-compiler and packages in the
12 tree need to be able to query support. unless you have a clean way of
13 handling this, there is no alternative.
14
15 > - make crossdev build a binary cross compiler pkg which can be
16 > emerged by other machines.
17
18 crossdev is merely a frontend to emerge. so do it yourself:
19 crossdev ... --portage -B ...
20 -mike