From: Joakim Tjernlund <joakim.tjernlund@×××××××××.se>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] crossdev improvements
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2010 18:05:56
1 Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o> wrote on 2010/09/24 19:01:26:
2 >
3 > On Friday, September 24, 2010 12:01:21 Joakim Tjernlund wrote:
4 > > - make crossdev respect PORTAGE_CONFIGROOT. We use our own portage
5 > > tree for our pkgs, including the compiler, as we want to be able
6 > > to recreate/rebuild the same sw versions in the future.
7 >
8 > i dont know what this means. crossdev doesnt touch PORTAGE_CONFIGROOT at all.
9
10 Exactly, it uses hardcoded paths to /etc et. all instead of PORTAGE_CONFIGROOT/etc
13 > > - a switch to control softfloat instead of encoding this in vendor
14 > > name. The cross name is getting too long with softfloat in it.
15 >
16 > except that softfloat checks go beyond the cross-compiler and packages in the
17 > tree need to be able to query support. unless you have a clean way of
18 > handling this, there is no alternative.
19
20 packages in the tree? I figured that only gcc and glibc(possibly binutils too)
21 needed that info?
22
23 I just tried to use EXTRA_ECONF=--without-fp instead of softfloat
24 and it seems to have worked, at least gcc and glibc builds without FPU insn's
25
26 hmm, wonder if COLLECT_GCC_OPTIONS could be used to see if softfloat is on?
29 > > - make crossdev build a binary cross compiler pkg which can be
30 > > emerged by other machines.
31 >
32 > crossdev is merely a frontend to emerge. so do it yourself:
33 > crossdev ... --portage -B ...
34
35 That works? Guess I have to try it then :)
36 However, the sauna is waiting for me ATM so it will have to wait ..
37
38 Jocke