From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] crossdev improvements
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2010 06:08:45
1 On Friday, September 24, 2010 13:42:04 Joakim Tjernlund wrote:
2 > Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o> wrote on 2010/09/24 19:01:26:
3 > > On Friday, September 24, 2010 12:01:21 Joakim Tjernlund wrote:
4 > > > - make crossdev respect PORTAGE_CONFIGROOT. We use our own portage
5 > > >
6 > > > tree for our pkgs, including the compiler, as we want to be able
7 > > > to recreate/rebuild the same sw versions in the future.
8 > >
9 > > i dont know what this means. crossdev doesnt touch PORTAGE_CONFIGROOT at
10 > > all.
11 >
12 > Exactly, it uses hardcoded paths to /etc et. all instead of
13 > PORTAGE_CONFIGROOT/etc
14
15 so you're talking about the /etc/portage/ file setup. you should be explicit
16 in your examples :P.
17
18 i'd file a bug about this.
19 -mike