From: Marc Blumentritt <marc.blumentritt@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-embedded] Re: baselayout-2, busybox and uclibc
Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2007 18:04:07
1 Hi,
2
3 I just wanted to report, how far I got and what problems I run into.
4
5 After adding some default /dev/ entries (especially console!) I managed
6 to boot into my system, but something went wild. To make a long story
7 short, if you want to mount into initramfs, you have to set correct
8 values for rootfs in fstab! In my case it looks like this:
9
11 / / tmpfs noauto,noatime 0 0
12
13 Without noauto /etc/init.d/localmount will try to "remount" rootfs,
14 because it runs "mount -a". This results somehow in broken links, if
15 they point to a target, which has to be reached over "/", for example:
16 in /sbin is getty, which points to ../bin/busybox . To reach busybox,
17 you have to go over "/", which does not work with the broken remount of
18 rootfs! This breaks also the whole runlevel stuff, because files frim
19 /lib/.. try to use /etc/init.d/functions.sh .
20
21 After my first boot I realized that I had to create some dirs manually:
22 /proc, /sys and (of course) /root. Without /proc and /sys already in my
23 root file system, there were some error messages. I d'ont know, if it
24 would make sense to integrate these dirs (and perhaps /root) in
25 baselayout-2?
26
27 For device file creation I use the mdev script from Natanael's
28 alpine-baselayout (thanks for this!). I added the option, that it should
29 be started before every other script in boot to have all device files
30 ready. As far as I know, udev is done in sysinit of system. Perhaps rc
31 could look for mdev, if udev is not used?
32
33 Then there are some problems with certain boot scripts and busybox:
34
35 clock: There is the following message:
36 /sbin/hwclock: unrecognized option '--noadjfile'
37
38 -> busybox problem or other configuration of clock is required.
39
40 localmount: there is just thise message:
41 Segmentation fault
42 I don't know, where this comes from. Further investigation is required.
43
44 keymap and consolefont:
45 /lib/rcscripts/sh/runscript.sh: line 91:kbd_mode: not found
46 /bin/loadkeys not found
47
48 OK, missing kbd. Is it possible to set keymap in kernel? Or do I need
49 kbd? It brings in a lot of files (keymaps and consolefonts), which I do
50 not need! Can I just copy the required files from my uclibc-stage to the
51 embedded system?
52
53 net.eth0: I want to use udhcpc from busybox (set modules="udhcpc" in
54 net), but I get the following error:
55 /sbin/udhcpc: unrecognized option '--env'
56
57 -> busybox problem or other configuration of net is required.
58
59 If I set manually IP, I can use dropbear, but I have some problems with it:
60
61 1.) login: password of root is not recognized. Could be connected to
62 problem with keymap?
63
64 2.) Cannot use scp, because it is not there. How do I configure dropbear
65 to get scp? Or which would be even better support shfs? I looked into
66 the config file, but I'm not used to c config files. Can somebody give
67 me some advice?
68
69 OK, so far so good. System boots really fast! Only slow bios sucks.
70 Linux boots faster then bios needs to display grub.
71
72 When everything runs fine, I will add vdr stuff. The problem is, I will
73 not come around using X, because I need some hardware support for
74 watching mpeg2 stuff, which is only supported in X (at least at tv-out).
75
76 Regards,
77 Marc
82 gentoo-embedded@g.o mailing list