From: Matthijs Kooijman <matthijs@×××××.nl>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] avahi
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 23:26:02
1 Hey,
4 > Has anyone used Avahi (http://avahi.org/) to auto discovery
5 > or config an embedded gentoo system?
6 I've installed it succesfully on an embedded gentoo system. I think there were
7 some bumps on the road, but over all it worked pretty well (together with
8 pulseaudio). It's been a while since I've toyed with it, so I don't remember
9 details.
10
11 I can't access my embedded or development system right now, so I can't see if
12 I made any overlays for compilation. I did find the following commands in my
13 notes:
14
15 # Add some groups needed for dbus and avahi
16 # Not sure why emerge doesn't do this...
17 egrep "^(messagebus|avahi|netdev|pulse)" /etc/group >> /targetfull/etc/group
18 egrep "^(messagebus|avahi|pulse|mpd)" /etc/passwd >> /targetfull/etc/passwd
19
20 (Exececuted from the dev system where /targetfull is the embedded systems)
21
22 Also, I attached my portage overlay in a previous email [1], you might find
23 something useful in there (If there is nothing in there, I probably got it to
24 compile without any trouble).
25
26 I'll look in my system as soon as I'm around it again, but do let us know how
27 your progress is!
28
29 Gr.
30