From: Linux GNUbie <gnubie@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] Gentoo Embedded Linux on Linksys Blue Boxes
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2005 06:49:17
1 On Sun, 2005-04-24 at 08:32 +0200, Daniel Armyr wrote:
2 >
3 > I am not too familiar with VPN, but as I understand it, it is pretty much only a convenient way to tunnel all traffic through an encrypted pipe. Would a benchmark using an ssh-tunnel give sufficiently relevant results?
4
5 I have friends that told me that the hardware specs of the Linksys
6 BEFSR41 or WRT54G cannot support the VPN client service simply because
7 of the encryption/decryption process that needs more processing power
8 and physical memory.
9
10 Can anybody would want to enlighten me about our plan?
11
12 Thanks again.
13
14 ---