From: Anish Patel <anish.mailing.list@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] can't resolve symbol '__divsi3' on armv5tel-softfloat-linux-uclibc
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 20:25:41
1 Derick Swanepoel wrote:
2 > On 25/07/06, KiberGus <kibergus@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >> I'm trying to install gentoo on my PDA. And I have found that some
4 >> programms
5 >> (such as nano, python, nm) fail with srting like this:
6 >> nano: can't resolve symbol '__divsi3'
7 >> python: can't resolve symbol '__udivsi3'
8 >>
9 >> I can't underrstand, how to fix this. Math libraries work OK, my simple
10 >> test application, which uses floating point operation work fine. Does any
11 >> body know, what operation __udivsi3 performs? It is clearly, that it is
12 >> divide, but what type it's arguments have?
13 >> Thanks.
14 >
15 > I have the same problem on armeb-softfloat-linux-uclibc. I also have
16 > apps that fail with __fixdfsi. Many of the busybox applets fail with
17 > __udivsi3 (e.g. awk, ping, top, df, netstat, fdisk) - basically
18 > anything that does a certain kind of floating point divide. They only
19 > fail when that specific instruction is reached, so for example ash
20 > would only fail if mod or div is used e.g. "echo $((5 % 2))" or "echo
21 > $((16 / 4))".
22 >
23 > So far I have been unable to construct a test case - my own test app
24 > that does floating point div also works.
25 >
26 > I suspect that it is a bug in gcc and the way it generates code on ARM
27 > softfloat targets, but I have no idea how to find out.
28 >
29 > Derick
30 i have also had the same problem with some Intel CSR stuff and the newer
31 kernels, with 2.6.12 i don't have problems armeb-unknown-linux-gnu or
32 anything else.
33
34 Anish
37 gentoo-embedded@g.o mailing list