From: Derick Swanepoel <dswanepoel@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] can't resolve symbol '__divsi3' on armv5tel-softfloat-linux-uclibc
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 19:15:38
1 On 25/07/06, KiberGus <kibergus@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > I'm trying to install gentoo on my PDA. And I have found that some programms
3 > (such as nano, python, nm) fail with srting like this:
4 > nano: can't resolve symbol '__divsi3'
5 > python: can't resolve symbol '__udivsi3'
6 >
7 > I can't underrstand, how to fix this. Math libraries work OK, my simple
8 > test application, which uses floating point operation work fine. Does any
9 > body know, what operation __udivsi3 performs? It is clearly, that it is
10 > divide, but what type it's arguments have?
11 > Thanks.
12
13 I have the same problem on armeb-softfloat-linux-uclibc. I also have
14 apps that fail with __fixdfsi. Many of the busybox applets fail with
15 __udivsi3 (e.g. awk, ping, top, df, netstat, fdisk) - basically
16 anything that does a certain kind of floating point divide. They only
17 fail when that specific instruction is reached, so for example ash
18 would only fail if mod or div is used e.g. "echo $((5 % 2))" or "echo
19 $((16 / 4))".
20
21 So far I have been unable to construct a test case - my own test app
22 that does floating point div also works.
23
24 I suspect that it is a bug in gcc and the way it generates code on ARM
25 softfloat targets, but I have no idea how to find out.
26
27 Derick
28 --
29 gentoo-embedded@g.o mailing list