From: Peter Stuge <peter@×××××.se>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] JTAG (Linux) article
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2010 00:10:11
1 wireless wrote:
2 > > There haven't been any more upstream releases, although there is
3 > > definately upstream activity. I guess a git ebuild would be nice.. :)
4 >
5 > http://openocd.berlios.de/web/?m=201002
6 > this shows version 0.4.0:
7 >
8 > OpenOCD v0.4.0 released Monday, February 22nd, 2010
9 >
10 > ARM looks to be the most active platform for openocd
11 >
12 > portage has version ~0.3.1
13
14 Oh sorry! I forgot that not even 0.4.0 is in portage. :\ But I do
15 suggest a git version. Upstream development is pretty stable.
16
17 And! There *is* a git ebuild already, from March. I guess just unmask
18 it and emerge.
19
20 echo 'dev-embedded/openocd **' >> /etc/portage/package.keywords
21 emerge openocd -av
22
23 Yes you're right, ARM is the major platform and works well, but I
24 don't believe it is meant to *only* do ARM.
27 //Peter