From: Ed W <lists@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] Segfaults after upgrading uclibc 2.9.30 + gcc 3.4.6
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2009 09:43:51
1 Ed W wrote:
2 > Hi
3 >
4 > Thanks for the tips.
5 >
6 >> uclibc and hardened are current at odd with each other. Current uclibc
7 >> demands a newer gcc than what is provided in tree.
8 >
9 > Could this be the problem also?
10 > http://lists.uclibc.org/pipermail/uclibc/2008-November/041404.html
11
12 Update (and for the benefit of anyone else):
13
14 - It appears that gcc 3.4.6 doesn't properly compile uclibc 2.9.30 and
15 in particular the -fomit-frame-pointer causes problems for anything
16 linked to -lpthread
17
18 There is a patch to uclibc here
19 http://lists.uclibc.org/pipermail/uclibc/2008-November/041416.html
20
21 I will create a bug report and file it (if any maintainer is watching
22 here then perhaps you could just slap it in directly anyway?). Tested
23 here on x86, compiled with gcc3.4.6 and all seems fine.
24
25 The upgrade had minor problems breaking openssl, but curiously
26 revdep-rebuild isn't effective in finding broken packages (I guess
27 nothing rev-ed for it to spot it was broken). Rebuilding world right
28 now which is flagging up loads more broken packages...
29
30 I guess the road ahead is going to continue to be rocky with
31 uclibc+gcc3.4...
32
33 Ed W