From: Ed W <lists@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] Segfaults after upgrading uclibc
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2009 23:47:47
1 Hi
2
3 Thanks for the tips.
4
5 > uclibc and hardened are current at odd with each other. Current uclibc
6 > demands a newer gcc than what is provided in tree.
9 Could this be the problem also?
10 http://lists.uclibc.org/pipermail/uclibc/2008-November/041404.html
11
12 Not yet tested this...
13
14 > The upgrade woes of going from old uclibc to current uclibc are a little
15 > painful till you get most of the things rebuilt.
16 >
17 > It might just be simpler to use the .tbz2 off the tinderbox if you are
18 > on an x86 or ppc platform.
21 I'm on x86 - however, can you clarify exactly what you mean by the above?
22
23 Are you suggesting that I *can* stick with old gcc, just wiggle my way
24 up using precompiled uclibc and then revert back to compiling locally?
25
26 Thanks for the reply
27
28 Ed W