From: Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] Segfaults after upgrading uclibc
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2009 23:37:42
1 On Fri, 2009-06-26 at 00:05 +0100, Ed W wrote:
2 > Hi, I have just tried to upgrade a build from uclibc0.9.28.3-r3 to
3 > 0.9.30.1-r1
4 >
5 > Now pretty much everything segfaults, qmerge won't run reporting a
6 > problem with libcrypto.so and I rescued the situation by simply untaring
7 > the last tbz2 over the file system
8 >
9 > Tried it again with flag uclibc-compat and same problem.
10 >
11 > Actual flags in use are:
12 > hardened ipv6 minimal uclibc-compat
15 > This is a hardened + uclibc build on i386 with the usual old gcc 3.4.6
16 >
17 > Can anyone please tell me what I am missing?
18
19 uclibc and hardened are current at odd with each other. Current uclibc
20 demands a newer gcc than what is provided in tree.
21
22 The upgrade woes of going from old uclibc to current uclibc are a little
23 painful till you get most of the things rebuilt.
24
25 It might just be simpler to use the .tbz2 off the tinderbox if you are
26 on an x86 or ppc platform.
27
28 Good luck.
31 Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>