From: "01flipstar@×××.de" <01flipstar@×××.de>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] GNAP status
Date: Sat, 10 May 2008 19:12:28
1 wireless schrieb:
2 > Natanael Copa wrote:
3 >
4 >>> I remember some discussion on GNAP and the fact that some were
5 >>> working on updating it. Does any know the current status
6 >>> of the efforts to update GNAP and when possible it might
7 >>> be suitable (updated) for use on i586 (K6) based hardware?
8 >
9 >> You could also have a look at alpine linux, a gentoo based distro aimed
10 >> for older PC's.
11 >
12 > Alpine does look interesting, but, it looks more like a Debian derivative:
13 >
14 > http://wiki.alpinelinux.org/w/index.php?title=Installing_Alpine#Managing_software_packages
18 > Any other gentoo derivatives out there, aimed at older hardware?
19
20 Hey,
21
22 why not simply role your own?
23 I'm running a KVM (qemu) System with all the optimization supported by my old like (eeepc) hardware.
24
25 - create all the tbz2 you need (on the KVM or real host)
26 - run genpkgindex
27 - copy all the files to your webserver
28 - create a squashfs from your portage tree (<40Mb)
29 - boot your old system from cd or usb and extract a stage3 file
30 - edit the make.conf and make sure to define PORTAGE_BINHOST
31 - define an INSTALL_MASK if you like
32 - delete all files in /usr/portage and mount the squashfs porttree
33 - finally emerge all the stuff you need (emerge -G bla)
34
35 If you are interested in more details Ill write a howto in the next few weeks.
38 flip
39 --
40 gentoo-embedded@l.g.o mailing list