From: Peter Stuge <peter@×××××.se>
To: Gentoo-Embedded <gentoo-embedded@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] C compiler cannot create executables
Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2007 22:42:45
1 The error message in subject is fairly good.
4 On Mon, Nov 05, 2007 at 01:55:37PM -0500, Jean-Claude Gervais wrote:
5 > I installed Gentoo on an AMD Geode by chrooting its flashcard hard-disk
6 > on a pentium4 machine.
7 >
8 > After installing everything and booting the system, I have exported
9 > the /usr/portage folder on my workstation so the Geode can continue to
10 > emerge programs without being taken offline and chrooted.
11
12 ..
13
14 > configure:1790: checking for C compiler default output file name
15 > configure:1793: i586-gentoo-linux-uclibc-gcc -Os conftest.c >&5
16 > i586-gentoo-linux-uclibc-gcc: Internal error: Segmentation fault
17 > (program as)
18
19 as crashes.
22 > CHOST="i586-gentoo-linux-uclibc"
23
24 Is this really right?
27 How was binutils built? Perhaps try a different version.
28
29 Try pc instead of gentoo?
30
31 Try gnu instead of uclibc?