From: Peter Stuge <peter@×××××.se>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] personal compile-farm ?
Date: Sat, 05 Sep 2009 12:17:52
1 Karl Hiramoto wrote:
2 > i'd think you'd be better of with a single machine with lots of RAM
3 > and 4 to 8 cores with lots of cache for compiling.
4
5 I'd think so too. The Atom is kind of weak so I would definately go
6 for a Fam10 (Phenom) system. I didn't trust AMD hardware before, but
7 since expeirence with coreboot that all changed.
8
9 I think it's difficult for someone else to suggest a solution (I
10 realize you were mostly asking for samples of what others have) since
11 you have to factor in cooling requirement, power consumption,
12 physical size, cost and performance and find a combination that
13 you're willing to host in your home.
16 //Peter