From: wireless <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] ftdi ft232r programming howto
Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2006 16:16:15
1 andreas.sumper@×××××××××.at wrote:
2 > Hi list!
3 >
4 > Has anybody ever tried to communicate through a ft232r, which is a usb to
5 > rs232 converter?
6 > I read through the documentation of ftdi (www.ftdichip.com) but all I
7 > found, was the documentation for windows.
8 > I want to make this converter work on an embedded linux box, running a
9 > 2.6.14 kernel, including the module (ftdi_sio)
10 > I see the device (/dev/ttyUSB0) but, how can I configure it (buffers,
11 > transfer speed, ...) and how can I read from the device and write to the
12 > device.
13
14 This page
15 http://www.ftdichip.com/Products/EvaluationKits/USB-Serial.htm
16
17 Says this:
18 The US232R-100 evaluation cable is supplied in retail packaging
19 which includes instructions together with a Drivers and Utilities
20 CD complete with Microsoft WHQL certified VCP drivers for Windows
21 XP. Drivers for the Apple Mac, Linux and other versions of
22 Windows are also included on the CD.......
26 Interesting device. Did you purchase a raw chip, dev/eval kit,
27 or a complete module ready for use?
28
29 How much does it cost, and where did you purchase it from?
30
31 I'm looking for a way to add a serial16550/rs232) port(s) to a
32 portable, so this might be an option....
35 James
38 gentoo-embedded@g.o mailing list