From: Marc Blumentritt <marc.blumentritt@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-embedded] Re: busybox init scripts
Date: Fri, 02 Nov 2007 18:43:32
1 Mike Frysinger schrieb:
2 > i think the best from a support stand point would be to have a busybox-initd
3 > package that'd parse the busybox config file to see what is enabled, and then
4 > copy the relevant init.d scripts from the portage tree. creating independent
5 > scripts is just a maintenance nightmare.
6 >
7 > so if busybox supports hdparm, it'd do:
8 > newinitd ${PORTDIR}/sys-apps/hdparm/files/hdparm-init-8 hdparm
9 > newconfd ${PORTDIR}/sys-apps/hdparm/files/hdparm-conf.d.3 hdparm
10
11 I tried to find packages, which could provide init scripts for bb
12 syslogd and bb crond, but could not find some "general" init scripts.
13 E.g. syslog-ng looks for syslog-ng and not syslogd. Therefore I think,
14 that at least most bb system and network daemons require their own init
15 scripts or did I miss packages, which could be used for this?
16
17 Regards,
18 Marc
21 gentoo-embedded@g.o mailing list