From: Natanael Copa <natanael.copa@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] Re: busybox init scripts
Date: Fri, 02 Nov 2007 18:52:58
1 On Fri, 2007-11-02 at 19:42 +0100, Marc Blumentritt wrote:
2 > Mike Frysinger schrieb:
3 > > i think the best from a support stand point would be to have a busybox-initd
4 > > package that'd parse the busybox config file to see what is enabled, and then
5 > > copy the relevant init.d scripts from the portage tree. creating independent
6 > > scripts is just a maintenance nightmare.
7 > >
8 > > so if busybox supports hdparm, it'd do:
9 > > newinitd ${PORTDIR}/sys-apps/hdparm/files/hdparm-init-8 hdparm
10 > > newconfd ${PORTDIR}/sys-apps/hdparm/files/hdparm-conf.d.3 hdparm
11 >
12 > I tried to find packages, which could provide init scripts for bb
13 > syslogd and bb crond, but could not find some "general" init scripts.
14 > E.g. syslog-ng looks for syslog-ng and not syslogd. Therefore I think,
15 > that at least most bb system and network daemons require their own init
16 > scripts or did I miss packages, which could be used for this?
17
18 I think it sounds reasonable. Reusing scripts might work in a few cases
19 but I suspect it would be easier to just make all the init.d script for
20 busybox.
21
22 -nc
26 gentoo-embedded@g.o mailing list