From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Cc: Christopher Friedt <cfriedt@××××××××××××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] list of devices / boards, subprojects for each?
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2006 05:44:31
1 On Friday 21 July 2006 17:03, Christopher Friedt wrote:
2 > Is there a published list of boards and their status for embedded gentoo?
3
4 we dont support boards at the moment, just architectures
5
6 getting a bsp up and running is left as an exercise for the end user ;)
7
8 > Would anyone be interested in polishing up a gentoo embedded port onto
9 > that platform with me?
10
11 WRT54G ? that's mipsel right ? we've got mipsel/uclibc and mipsel/glibc
12 running ...
13
14 > Has anyone published a list of minimum or suggested specs for devices in
15 > terms of ram / flash ?
16
17 again, see previous comment ...
18
19 as you can see, Gentoo/embedded is at the 'for developers' stage ... it could
20 use a lot of work before being ready 'for users' and doing mini bsp releases
21 for like the nslu2/wrt54g/what-have-you ... if you really feel like getting
22 down and dirty, this is an area that is wide open at the moment ;)
23 -mike