From: Natanael Copa <natanael.copa@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] Re: baselayout-2, busybox and uclibc
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2007 19:31:46
1 On Sun, 2007-11-18 at 13:17 +0100, Marc Blumentritt wrote:
2 > Natanael Copa schrieb:
3 > > I started with a mdev.conf i found somwhere (probably tinderbox)
4 > > I actually think they never worked for me either. IIRC i checked the bb
5 > > source and wondered if the links were supposed to work at all. I for got
6 > > to remove them (or was too lazy)
9 > I am now more or less done with mdev configuration (s. attached tar
10 > ball, which is based on your scripts). I tried to create device files
11 > with mdev in a way, that /dev looks like created by udev. To use this
12 > with baselayout-2, you have to create /dev/null in
13 > /lib/rcscripts/addons/mdev-start.sh inside the function seed_dev (s. tar
14 > ball).
15 >
16 > usb device file creation is not dependent on kernel option
17 > CONFIG_USB_DEVICE_CLASS anymore, since this option is marked DEPRECATED.
18
19 great!
20
21 > There is only one question left. If I unplugged a usb device, I also
22 > unload the usb bus driver. Does this make sense? What happens, if two
23 > usb devices are plugged in and one is removed?
24
25 I believe that if the driver is in use, the removal of module will
26 silently fail. ( .... 2>/dev/null) If the second device is unsused, I
27 guess the module will be unloaded. For me this is acceptable since i
28 believe it will rarely cause any problems in real life.
29
30 > This is certainly not perfect, but it does work me. It is not a full
31 > udev replacement.
32
33 I would be more than happy if it does the job "good enough". Might be we
34 should include this ina separate ebuild/project together with the
35 busybox init.d scripts?
36
37 > I'm happy about any comments.
38
39 I had a short look at your scripts and first impression was: clean,
40 readable, well commented shell code. Beautiful!
41
42 I look forward to test in the comming week.
43
44 Thanks a lot for you work on this. Higly appreciated!
45
46 -nc
49 gentoo-embedded@g.o mailing list