From: Marc Blumentritt <marc.blumentritt@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-embedded] Re: baselayout-2, busybox and uclibc
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2007 12:19:26
1 Natanael Copa schrieb:
2 > I started with a mdev.conf i found somwhere (probably tinderbox)
3 > I actually think they never worked for me either. IIRC i checked the bb
4 > source and wondered if the links were supposed to work at all. I for got
5 > to remove them (or was too lazy)
8 I am now more or less done with mdev configuration (s. attached tar
9 ball, which is based on your scripts). I tried to create device files
10 with mdev in a way, that /dev looks like created by udev. To use this
11 with baselayout-2, you have to create /dev/null in
12 /lib/rcscripts/addons/mdev-start.sh inside the function seed_dev (s. tar
13 ball).
14
15 usb device file creation is not dependent on kernel option
16 CONFIG_USB_DEVICE_CLASS anymore, since this option is marked DEPRECATED.
17 There is only one question left. If I unplugged a usb device, I also
18 unload the usb bus driver. Does this make sense? What happens, if two
19 usb devices are plugged in and one is removed?
20
21 This is certainly not perfect, but it does work me. It is not a full
22 udev replacement.
23
24 I'm happy about any comments.
25