From: Natanael Copa <natanael.copa@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] Re: baselayout-2, busybox and uclibc
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2007 02:09:57
1 On Sat, 2007-11-10 at 10:48 +0100, Marc Blumentritt wrote:
2
3 > One more question about what exactly your usbdev script is doing. It
4 > looks into /sys/class/usb_device/$MDEV/device/*/modalias and loads the
5 > modules listed there. What modules are these?
6
7 When plugging in a webcam, mdev will not load the webcam driver by
8 default. The linux kernel kindly provide you with a module alias, and
9 modprobe support loading modules from aliases - i made hotplugging work
10
11 Long time since i tested it (proably 2.6.16/18 something) and i cant
12 remember i have ever seen any documentation about the usb stuff in /sys.
13 I used the try-and-fail method to make it work.
14
15 > Regarding your mdev.conf. It starts with listing links, which should be
16 > created. This is not working on my machine. Are you using a special
17 > patched version of bb? Or have I overlooked some options of bb config?
18
19 I started with a mdev.conf i found somwhere (probably tinderbox)
20 I actually think they never worked for me either. IIRC i checked the bb
21 source and wondered if the links were supposed to work at all. I for got
22 to remove them (or was too lazy)
23
24 > Regrads,
25 > Marc