From: Marc Blumentritt <marc.blumentritt@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-embedded] Re: baselayout-2, busybox and uclibc
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2007 09:50:22
1 Marc Blumentritt schrieb:
2 > Marc Blumentritt schrieb:
3 >> Natanael Copa schrieb:
4 >>>> @ Natanael: I have a problem with usbdev, which seems to be made for
5 >>>> kernel 2.4, doesn't it? Do you have a version for kernel 2.6?
6 >>> it is for 2.6 kernel. I suspect its the /sys filesystem that has
7 >>> changed. iir there are some kernel options for some things marked as
8 >>> "deprecated".
9 >>>
10 >>> I should fix my usvdev script for this, but I just havent had the time.
11 >>>
12 >>> Thanks for your work on this! I have tried some time ago to replace my
13 >>> alpine-baselayout with the baselayout-2. I just havent had the time for
14 >>> it yet.
15 >> Hmm, then I think I have some problem with kernel configuration. I have
16 >> looked into /sys/class of booted embedded system, but I do not see
17 >> usb_device (while I do have it on my build system). Do you have an idea,
18 >> which kernel option this could be?
19 >
20 > OK, found it myself. It is CONFIG_USB_DEVICE_CLASS , but this option is
21 > marked DEPRECATED, which is the reason I removed it in the first place.
22 >
23 > Now I still got errors, because I have these usb device files:
24 >
25 > usbdev1.1
26 > usbdev1.1_ep00
27 > usbdev1.1_ep01
28 > usbdev2.1
29 > usbdev2.1_ep00
30 > [...]
31 >
32 > There are no directories for usbdev*.*_ep00 or usbdev*.*_ep01 in
33 > /sys/class/usb_device .
36 One more question about what exactly your usbdev script is doing. It
37 looks into /sys/class/usb_device/$MDEV/device/*/modalias and loads the
38 modules listed there. What modules are these?
41 Regarding your mdev.conf. It starts with listing links, which should be
42 created. This is not working on my machine. Are you using a special
43 patched version of bb? Or have I overlooked some options of bb config?
44
45 Regrads,
46 Marc
49 gentoo-embedded@g.o mailing list