From: Marc Blumentritt <marc.blumentritt@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-embedded] Re: baselayout-2, busybox and uclibc
Date: Sat, 03 Nov 2007 13:11:14
1 Marc Blumentritt schrieb:
2 > Natanael Copa schrieb:
3 >>> @ Natanael: I have a problem with usbdev, which seems to be made for
4 >>> kernel 2.4, doesn't it? Do you have a version for kernel 2.6?
5 >> it is for 2.6 kernel. I suspect its the /sys filesystem that has
6 >> changed. iir there are some kernel options for some things marked as
7 >> "deprecated".
8 >>
9 >> I should fix my usvdev script for this, but I just havent had the time.
10 >>
11 >> Thanks for your work on this! I have tried some time ago to replace my
12 >> alpine-baselayout with the baselayout-2. I just havent had the time for
13 >> it yet.
14 >
15 > Hmm, then I think I have some problem with kernel configuration. I have
16 > looked into /sys/class of booted embedded system, but I do not see
17 > usb_device (while I do have it on my build system). Do you have an idea,
18 > which kernel option this could be?
19
20 OK, found it myself. It is CONFIG_USB_DEVICE_CLASS , but this option is
21 marked DEPRECATED, which is the reason I removed it in the first place.
22
23 Now I still got errors, because I have these usb device files:
24
25 usbdev1.1
26 usbdev1.1_ep00
27 usbdev1.1_ep01
28 usbdev2.1
29 usbdev2.1_ep00
30 [...]
31
32 There are no directories for usbdev*.*_ep00 or usbdev*.*_ep01 in
33 /sys/class/usb_device .
34
35 Regards,
36 Marc