From: Sven Rebhan <odinshorse@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] ~arm pulls in packages for host system
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2009 09:14:30
1 2009/3/9 Tim Erwin <taerwin@×××××.com>:
2 > I have set up a cross compiler but if I use ~arm in the ACCEPT_KEYWORDS in
3 > /usr/armv4tl-softfloat-linux-gnueabi/etc/make.conf, it wants to pull in
4 > packages for the host system (baselayout, openrc and e2fsprogs-lib) which
5 > are masked by ~amd64. Is there any reason for this?
6
7 If you use the openmoko-overlay it shouldn't. The reason why this
8 happens is the gentoo dependency oddness. Namely the line
9 DEPEND="${RDEPEND}", as this tries to emerge everything you want on
10 the target also to host. However, removing this line is basically not
11 suggested. We need to add cross-compile dependencies to portage, but
12 until this happens you can test with removing ${RDEPEND} from the
13 DEPEND line.
14
15 Furthermore, I would suggest to use a chroot to cross-compile your stuff!
16
17 Best regards,
18
19 Sven