From: Ed W <lists@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] Boot hangs on Soekris NET4801
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2014 18:44:57
1 On 19/11/2014 22:05, Jean-Marc Beaune wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > Re-installing Gentoo on this platform because I haven't upgraded it
5 > for more than two years... :-/
6 >
7 > Grub boots and loads the kernel but hangs after this line:
11 > I uncommented serial console in inittab so I can follow boot via console.
12 >
13 > Any idea how I can get more debug information?
14 >
15 > Thank you
16
17 Wow, quite late to this party....
18
19 I can trigger the same in an Alix, which is quite a different board, but
20 might be relevant. Check the SATA module included. In particular
21 beware that certain combinations of GPIO modules seem to bollox the SATA
22 module (GPIO-Keys in particular, not sure why)
23
24 Could be completely unrelated, but this is what kills my CS5335 based
25 stuff on ALIX...
26
27 Good luck
28