From: wireless <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] Boot hangs on Soekris NET4801
Date: Thu, 25 Dec 2014 21:46:58
1 On 12/20/2014 01:44 PM, Ed W wrote:
2 > On 19/11/2014 22:05, Jean-Marc Beaune wrote:
3 >> Hi,
4 >>
5 >> Re-installing Gentoo on this platform because I haven't upgraded it
6 >> for more than two years... :-/
7 >> Grub boots and loads the kernel but hangs after this line:
10 Just for a quick test, try this (if applicable).
11
12 "cp /boot/System.map / "
13
14 Unless it is already in the / dir.
17 >> I uncommented serial console in inittab so I can follow boot via console.
18 >> Any idea how I can get more debug information?
19 >> Thank you
20 >
21 > Wow, quite late to this party....
22 > I can trigger the same in an Alix, which is quite a different board, but
23 > might be relevant. Check the SATA module included. In particular
24 > beware that certain combinations of GPIO modules seem to bollox the SATA
25 > module (GPIO-Keys in particular, not sure why)
26 >
27 > Could be completely unrelated, but this is what kills my CS5335 based
28 > stuff on ALIX...
29
30 I have an old Alix board (alix.2D3+B) that has not been used in a few
31 years. Drop me some private email, as I think this list is dead.
32
33 My speculation is after the gentoo herds are gone, may then we can
34 resurrect the gentoo-embedded project discussion group. Most now just
35 post to the gentoo user group.
36
37 Where did your "bionic" work end up?
38