From: Christopher Friedt <chrisfriedt@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] Auto Repair Cross Includes?
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2009 15:32:42
1 Hi Ned,
2
3 I like the patch - there are probably many cases where a package does
4 not cross compile properly when include paths are not fixed. In those
5 cases, it would be necessary to patch the source on an
6 ebuild-by-ebuild basis. This would eliminate the need to fix the files
7 at an ebuild level with a relatively inexpensive check.
8
9 Mike has a couple of good points too - unless it's necessary to use
10 thee function from outside gcc or whatever library it ends up in, it
11 may as well be marked static. Path vs name ? I think path. Regarding
12 arbitrary non-standard include paths that could generate false
13 positives, i have no comment.
14
15 Regarding path normalization ( "//" => "/" ) - in my opinion, if gcc
16 doesn't already do it, then forget about it - otherwise one would be
17 obliged to fix it for the rest of gcc, no? Keep it short and simple.
18
19 Depending on the level of community feedback you want, I could help
20 test for a while, or you could just include it in an unstable ~ gcc
21 version and see how the universe reacts to it :)
22
23 Regards,
24
25 Chris