From: Ed W <lists@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-embedded] Adding new users when using buildroot?
Date: Fri, 04 Sep 2009 12:10:12
1 Hi, I am building a small buildroot using say:
2
3 ROOT=/var/embedded/builds/base1 PORTAGE_CONFIGROOT=/var/embedded/portage
4 emerge -v dropbear
5
6 The end result seems to be that I get my new user added to the build
7 system, but not to the ROOT= system. I have seen a few people report
8 issues when using packages, but is this just a known limitation of
9 recent portage or do I need some other commandline incantations?
10
11 Obviously plenty of other ways to solve this, but curious if there is a
12 solution within the portage build process?
13
14 Thanks
15
16 Ed W