From: Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] Adding new users when using buildroot?
Date: Fri, 04 Sep 2009 12:18:31
1 On Fri, 2009-09-04 at 18:18 +0100, Ed W wrote:
2 > Hi, I am building a small buildroot using say:
3 >
4 > ROOT=/var/embedded/builds/base1 PORTAGE_CONFIGROOT=/var/embedded/portage
5 > emerge -v dropbear
6 >
7 > The end result seems to be that I get my new user added to the build
8 > system, but not to the ROOT= system. I have seen a few people report
9 > issues when using packages, but is this just a known limitation of
10 > recent portage or do I need some other commandline incantations?
11 >
12 > Obviously plenty of other ways to solve this, but curious if there is a
13 > solution within the portage build process?
16 buildroot is not the best term to use when refering to
17 portage/gentoo/embedded. It just confuses people.
18 Reason being.. http://buildroot.org/
21 As for users not being added in $ROOT. Yes you are right and sadly this
22 is a known limitation of portage/pam/and friends right now.
26 Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>
27 Gentoo Linux