From: Christopher Friedt <chrisfriedt@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Cc: Liang Peng <pengliang.sdu@×××××.com>
Subject: [gentoo-embedded] Re: about gentoo-bionic
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2011 12:11:17
On Fri, Jul 8, 2011 at 2:29 AM, Liang Peng <pengliang.sdu@×××××.com> wrote:
>      I am interesting in your project gentoo-bionic, but their is only empty > project in Gitorious and google code, > have you finished this project?
The Google Code page is actually not empty [1]. The rest will be more populated once more testing has been done. I've chosen to provide the overlay / source / binaries as a tarball for now until a few more people have tested it out. Actually, this is a good reminder to put together a small qemu image so that people could easily try out. I've been putting that off since work has been fairly busy lately. Also, I really need to upload the arm toolchain I built too. Note to self...
>      And is it possible to add bionic to be supported by crossdev?
Yes, please see the link at [1].
>      What‘s the simple way to build a cross compile platform for android by > “#crossdev -t armeb-android-linux-bionic" ?
It would be something like that except for two exceptions. 1) The arm port of bionic is only arm eabi compatible (which implies little-endianness IIRC) 2) The 'android' vendor string has no effect as far as crossdev is concerned. It's better to use softfloat, hardfloat, or unknown. Please see the crossdev and embedded guides at [2], [3] I would suggest something more like crossdev -S --g 4.6.0 --target armv7a-softfloat-linux-bioniceabi (but only after you've set up the overlay). For further discussion, please write on the gentoo-embedded mailing list [4]. You can also check out this thread [5] for more information. Cheers, Chris [1] http://code.google.com/p/gentoo-bionic/downloads/list [2] http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/base/embedded/cross-development.xml [3] http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/base/embedded/ [4] http://www.gentoo.org/main/en/lists.xml [5] http://archives.gentoo.org/gentoo-embedded/msg_65b2bde365491614105b665c9685da51.xml