From: Christopher Friedt <cfriedt@××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] GCC 4.3 fails on mpfr
Date: Tue, 06 May 2008 19:00:44
1 This is a 'chicken / egg' problem. In order to build a cross compiler
2 for arch X you need mpfr compiled for arch X. In order to build mpfr for
3 arch X you need a toolchain for arch X.
4
5 Try building the cross-compiler without mpfr first, then build libmpfr,
6 and then rebuild the cross compiler.
7
8 I can't say whether or not that will work with crossdev, but that's the
9 way things Should(TM) work.
10
11 Chris
12
13 Dilip Malinur Ramesh wrote:
14 > Hi,
15 > I am trying to build a cross compiler toolchain using 'crossdev 'and the
16 > gcc source version is gcc-4.3.0
17 >
18 > I am getting following errors while configuring gcc-stage1,
19 > {{
20 > checking for correct version of gmp.h... yes
21 > checking for correct version of mpfr.h... no
22 > configure: error: Building GCC requires GMP 4.1+ and MPFR 2.3.0+.
23 > Try the --with-gmp and/or --with-mpfr options to specify their
24 > locations.
25 > Copies of these libraries' source code can be found at their respective
26 > hosting sites as well as at ftp://gcc.gnu.org/pub/gcc/infrastructure/.
27 > See also http://gcc.gnu.org/install/prerequisites.html for additional
28 > info.
29 > If you obtained GMP and/or MPFR from a vendor distribution package, make
30 > sure that you have installed both the libraries and the header files.
31 > They may be located in separate packages.
32 >
33 > !!! ERROR: cross-sh4-unknown-linux-gnu/gcc-4.3.0 failed.
34 > Call stack:
35 > }}
36 >
37 > I understand the pre-requisite for gcc-4.3 is mpfr 4.1+ but I am not
38 > sure how to pass '--with-mpfr' configure options to gcc.
39 >
40 > Any help will be highly appreciated
41 >
42 > With kind regards,
43 > Dilip
44 --