From: Dilip Malinur Ramesh <Dilip.Ramesh@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-embedded] GCC 4.3 fails on mpfr
Date: Tue, 06 May 2008 12:03:19
1 Hi,
2 I am trying to build a cross compiler toolchain using 'crossdev 'and the
3 gcc source version is gcc-4.3.0
4
5 I am getting following errors while configuring gcc-stage1,
6 {{
7 checking for correct version of gmp.h... yes
8 checking for correct version of mpfr.h... no
9 configure: error: Building GCC requires GMP 4.1+ and MPFR 2.3.0+.
10 Try the --with-gmp and/or --with-mpfr options to specify their
11 locations.
12 Copies of these libraries' source code can be found at their respective
13 hosting sites as well as at ftp://gcc.gnu.org/pub/gcc/infrastructure/.
14 See also http://gcc.gnu.org/install/prerequisites.html for additional
15 info.
16 If you obtained GMP and/or MPFR from a vendor distribution package, make
17 sure that you have installed both the libraries and the header files.
18 They may be located in separate packages.
19
20 !!! ERROR: cross-sh4-unknown-linux-gnu/gcc-4.3.0 failed.
21 Call stack:
22 }}
23
24 I understand the pre-requisite for gcc-4.3 is mpfr 4.1+ but I am not
25 sure how to pass '--with-mpfr' configure options to gcc.
26
27 Any help will be highly appreciated
28
29 With kind regards,