From: Ed W <lists@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] GNAP update
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 12:27:25
1 Petr Podrabsky wrote:
2 > Hello everybody,
3 >
4 > my idea is to make gnap for my new ALIX router.
7 I am doing something similar right now, but using the Tiny-Gentoo
8 route. I added some scripts around the thing and to a certain extent
9 what I now have is a kind of less flexible and more manual GNAP... GNAP
10 is kind of a wrapper around catalyst and roughly speaking it's
11 automating the process of dropping into the chroot and building up each
12 stage bit by bit
13
14 I used mainly the information on this list although it's spread out
15 amongst many messages, I will try and add an entry to the wiki in a
16 month or so
17
18 My setup uses baselayout-2 + mdev and performs very well.
19
20 The Alix is an excellent bit of kit, but do note that it's i586, NOT i686!
21
22 If you want something which works this afternoon then drop $(nominal) on
23 a copy of imedia from mini-box.com. This is based on gentoo somewhere
24 up the line
25
26 Good luck
27