From: Jason <gentoo@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-embedded] multi-project workflow
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2012 00:04:31
All,

I'm getting back into embedded projects and thus, gentoo/crossdev.
Things have changed a bit since I last used it (~4 years ago).  This:

$ crossdev -S -t arm-none-linux-gnueabi

worked out of the box.  Awesome!  It looks like I'll want to use
arm-none-linux-gnueabi-emerge to build the target system, but before I
get started, I have a question.

How do folks out there handle multiple projects with the same toolchain?
I'm thinking, since crossdev worked so well, to just build a
'arm-projectA-linux-gnueabi' and then 'arm-projectB-linux-gnueabi' to
keep the roots separate.

My other idea was use symlinks:

/usr/
  arm-none-linux-gnueabi/ -> projectA/
  arm-none-linux-gnueabi.orig/
  projectA/
  projectB/
  projectN/

with arm-none-linux-gnueabi.orig/ being the original contents after
crossdev built the toolchain.  As I create projects, I would 'cp -a
arm....orig/* projectN/'

What do you guys use?

thx,

Jason.