From: Jason <gentoo@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-embedded] multi-project workflow
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2012 00:04:31
1 All,
2
3 I'm getting back into embedded projects and thus, gentoo/crossdev.
4 Things have changed a bit since I last used it (~4 years ago). This:
5
6 $ crossdev -S -t arm-none-linux-gnueabi
7
8 worked out of the box. Awesome! It looks like I'll want to use
9 arm-none-linux-gnueabi-emerge to build the target system, but before I
10 get started, I have a question.
11
12 How do folks out there handle multiple projects with the same toolchain?
13 I'm thinking, since crossdev worked so well, to just build a
14 'arm-projectA-linux-gnueabi' and then 'arm-projectB-linux-gnueabi' to
15 keep the roots separate.
16
17 My other idea was use symlinks:
18
19 /usr/
20 arm-none-linux-gnueabi/ -> projectA/
21 arm-none-linux-gnueabi.orig/
22 projectA/
23 projectB/
24 ...
25 projectN/
26
27 with arm-none-linux-gnueabi.orig/ being the original contents after
28 crossdev built the toolchain. As I create projects, I would 'cp -a
29 arm....orig/* projectN/'
30
31 What do you guys use?
32