From: Christopher Friedt <cfriedt@××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-embedded] Would TS Host a public Wiki + portage overlay?
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 11:07:40
1 Hi TS guys,
2
3 Would you be willing to host a public Wiki & portage overlay? I've been
4 using portage for quite some time and now I can say that it's starting
5 to be quite easy to just 'emerge' packages for the TS boards.
6
7 I would definitely be willing to write the draft howto's to help
8 everyone else get started who was interested. And I would certainly be
9 willing to contribute any ebuilds and patches that I've already come
10 across.
11
12 Aside from building various kernels, modules, etc, what I've done so far is:
13
14 rebuild glibc userlands from scratch
15 rebuild uclibc userlands from scratch
16 (using the 2.6 linux kernel headers for compilation)
17
18 created patches (mainly for +minimal installs) and corresponding ebuilds
19
20 set up several preference files in /etc, like
21 /etc/portage/package.{use,mask,unmask} and also savedconfigs for uclibc
22 and busybox.
23
24 The packages that I've emerged with all of my work range from basic
25 things like busybox and zlib to jamvm, gnu-classpath, ftp-servers, and
26 even custom software.
27
28 After some level of stability has been reached, it's quite likely that
29 the gentoo people would host all of the howto documentation and even
30 merge some of the ebuild modifications into their own trees.
33 Does that sound like something TS would be willing to put up?
36 Cheers,
37
38 ~/Chris
39 --