From: Christopher Friedt <cfriedt@××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] Would TS Host a public Wiki + portage overlay?
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 13:53:08
1 Sorry, wrong list :)
2
3 Christopher Friedt wrote:
4 > Hi TS guys,
5 >
6 > Would you be willing to host a public Wiki & portage overlay? I've been
7 > using portage for quite some time and now I can say that it's starting
8 > to be quite easy to just 'emerge' packages for the TS boards.
9 >
10 > I would definitely be willing to write the draft howto's to help
11 > everyone else get started who was interested. And I would certainly be
12 > willing to contribute any ebuilds and patches that I've already come
13 > across.
14 >
15 > Aside from building various kernels, modules, etc, what I've done so far
16 > is:
17 >
18 > rebuild glibc userlands from scratch
19 > rebuild uclibc userlands from scratch
20 > (using the 2.6 linux kernel headers for compilation)
21 >
22 > created patches (mainly for +minimal installs) and corresponding ebuilds
23 >
24 > set up several preference files in /etc, like
25 > /etc/portage/package.{use,mask,unmask} and also savedconfigs for uclibc
26 > and busybox.
27 >
28 > The packages that I've emerged with all of my work range from basic
29 > things like busybox and zlib to jamvm, gnu-classpath, ftp-servers, and
30 > even custom software.
31 >
32 > After some level of stability has been reached, it's quite likely that
33 > the gentoo people would host all of the howto documentation and even
34 > merge some of the ebuild modifications into their own trees.
37 > Does that sound like something TS would be willing to put up?
40 > Cheers,
41 >
42 > ~/Chris
43 --