From: Sven Rebhan <odinshorse@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] Openmoko - Almost there...
Date: Wed, 04 Mar 2009 06:45:28
1 2009/3/3 Alon Bar-Lev <alon.barlev@×××××.com>:
2 > Attached is modification I had to do in overlay in order to make it
3 > work, I had to add recent packages of target to host, also
4 > had to add many use flags to evas so enlightenment work, we
5 > should consider USE dependency there.
6
7 Hello Alon and thanks for the work you put into this!
8
9 Here are some remarks:
10
11 1. Please change your host overlay pointer to openmoko-target. We
12 decided on the list that we don't want to maintain the E duplicates in
13 the host part. Everything that is in host is now also in target, so
14 you could switch easily. We changed the docu at
15 http://gentoo.mindzoo.de/index.cgi/wiki/cross-compiling
16
17 2. After this you can delete the ebuilds you added in the host part.
18
19 3. Please open a ticket for each ebuild you changed an attach a patch
20 against the portage tree version to the ticket. Goto
21 http://gentoo.mindzoo.de/index.cgi/wiki
22 register and the add new tickets. I (and probably others) would love
23 to review them and push them to the overlay. This is quite hard for
24 the one big patch you sent.
25
26 > Anyway, can anyone help me making the phone stabe? Is there
27 > anything out of the overlay needed to be installed?
28
29 Most packages in the overlay are for cross-compile fixes. I can't help
30 right now with your phone GUI problems, but please also file a bug and
31 join IRC for help.
32
33 Thank you very much for your effort!
34