From: Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>
To: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o, "Peter S. Mazinger" <ps.m@×××.net>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] uclibc gentoo - host fails to compile
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2004 17:23:08
1 On Fri, 2004-07-30 at 11:44, Mike Frysinger wrote:
2 > On Friday 30 July 2004 12:57 am, Mike Frysinger wrote:
3 > > On Thursday 29 July 2004 11:05 am, Natanael Copa wrote:
4 > > > host fails to compile:
5 >
6 > ok, it's because uclibc curently doesnt implement all the resolve functions,
7 > but the header file says it does :)
8 > basically you're up the creek until uclibc gets code for those functions
9 >
10 > > i know i found an issue where rpc symbols arent being defined in libc
13 > and this is because our cvs snapshot is outdated :)
14
15 Our cvs snapshot is current now in uclibc-0.9.26-r4.
16 There is one patch may or may not fail so please test on arm.
17
18 I had to short circuit the noexecstack patch.
19 That patch ensures that the target executables get marked with proper
20 PT_GNU_STACK behavior vs having full RWE segments.
21 We need an update from psm@gmx, and upstream merging is desired.
22
23 I changed none of the _RPC_ values in the ebuild so nfs config options
24 in uclibc will have to be figured out by you as well as optional a
25 [rpc?] USE flag.
26
27 > -mike
28 >
29 > --
30 > gentoo-embedded@g.o mailing list
31 --
32 Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>
33 Gentoo (hardened,security,infrastructure,embedded,toolchain) Developer