From: wireless <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] Gnap and google SOC
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 18:26:44
1 Ned Ludd wrote:
2
3 >> Is GNAP and the Google summer of Code going to
4 >> complete the work on making GNAP current?
5
6 >> Any discussion of the GNAP plans are most welcome.
7 >> I have a bunch of old 486-P1 that I like to
8 >> put GNAP on for kids and teenagers to use
9 >> as the basis of projects and experimentation.
10 >> Lots of this old hardware is everywhere
11 >> and embedded gentoo on it, makes a lot
12 >> of sense for teenagers to tinker around with....
13
14 > I think it's safe to say that GNAP is not maintained by anybody on this
15 > list. gentoo-gnap has a mailing list however. But I'm pretty sure it's
16 > just dead at this point.
19 OK.
20
21 Does it make sense to try to put embedded gentoo on an old x86
22 machine? (486 or 586)?
23
24 If not what embedded nix distro would anyone recommend for these
25 very old machines, keeping in mind that kids and teenagers will
26 be playing with them for projects.......?
30 any suggestions are welcome.
33 James