From: Peter Stuge <peter@×××××.se>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] Cross Dev Tricks + Hardened questions
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 22:17:29
1 Shinkan wrote:
2 > I have a base host system, which is a x86 hardened-profiled Gentoo 10.0.
3 > I would like to use it to build target systems with the most
4 > control Gentoo can offer.
5 > I first looked at Catalyst but Cross-dev things seemed more accurate
6 > for what I want to do.
7
8 USE CATALYST!
11 > I would like to use crossdev because I want to specify which
12 > version of glibc/gcc/etc I will use for one given target.
13
14 To do this you will create stage2, stage3 and stage4 spec files
15 (maybe also stage1, I'm not sure on that) for catalyst. It can
16 produce exactly what you want.
19 > Furthermore, I would like my toolchain to build "hardened"
20 > binaries, as those we get by using an hardened stage3.
21
22 Fine, I believe this would be controlled by USE flags for stage2 and
23 up.
26 > Sorry I can't figure it all by myself despite the good docs.
27
28 Please just start playing with the catalyst examples. I hope you will
29 quickly learn what they produce.
30
31 Everything that catalyst produces goes into /var/tmp/catalyst/
34 //Peter