From: Jason <gentoo@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] Cross-Compiling Python
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2008 17:53:51
1 Melton, Jason wrote:
2 > I have been trying to get Gentoo to run on the Atmel AT91RM9200
3 > processor that I have on a custom board. So far, I have managed to
4 > cross compile quite a few packages (some requiring help) for the
5 > processor but when it comes to Python, I get the following error:
6 [snip]
7 > * The specific snippet of code:
8 > * [[ $(python -V 2>&1) != "Python ${PV}" ]] && die
9 > "Crosscompiling requires the same host and build versions.";
10
11 Version number, _not_ architecture. Run 'python -V' on the x86 system.
12 is it the same as the python version you are trying to cross-compile?
13 For some reason python requires this...
14
15 To solve you'll need to either upgrade or downgrade the host or target.
16 I'd recommend adjusting the target version to match the build host.
17 Assuming the build host is up to date.
18
19 hth,
20
21 Jason.