From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Cc: Jason <gentoo@××××××××××.net>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] Cross-Compiling Python
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2008 07:55:44
1 On Friday 17 October 2008, Jason wrote:
2 > Melton, Jason wrote:
3 > > I have been trying to get Gentoo to run on the Atmel AT91RM9200
4 > > processor that I have on a custom board. So far, I have managed to
5 > > cross compile quite a few packages (some requiring help) for the
6 > > processor but when it comes to Python, I get the following error:
7 >
8 > [snip]
9 >
10 > > * The specific snippet of code:
11 > > * [[ $(python -V 2>&1) != "Python ${PV}" ]] && die
12 > > "Crosscompiling requires the same host and build versions.";
13 >
14 > Version number, _not_ architecture. Run 'python -V' on the x86 system.
15 > is it the same as the python version you are trying to cross-compile?
16 > For some reason python requires this...
17
18 because the python build system requires python in order to build properly.
19 and we cant really guarantee that unless the versions are the same. feel
20 free to post a patch that has the ebuild build python twice so the host
21 python never gets used ...
22 -mike