From: "01flipstar@×××.de" <01flipstar@×××.de>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] small replacement for emerge for live package-management?
Date: Sun, 03 Feb 2008 15:07:16
1 Hey,
2
3 Natanael Copa wrote a convert script for tbz2 -> apkg (alpinelinux.org).
4 Converting to ipkg is also possible if you make some changes to the script.
5
6 Cheers
7 --
8 flip
9
10 Christopher Friedt schrieb:
11 > Something like iPkg is ideal because it was built specifically for this
12 > purpose - but I really have no interest in switching do a Debian based
13 > distro.
14 >
15 > Christopher Friedt wrote:
16 >> Hi everyone,
17 >>
18 >> Are there any pointers for a light(er) weight package manager for
19 >> embedded devices with <= 16 MB of flash storage ?
20 >>
21 >> I've grown accustomed to using emerge to build binary packages for all
22 >> of my boards. Up until now we've just blasted the binary packages onto
23 >> our boards in the shop, but we're turning towards updates on live
24 >> systems in the field.
25 >>
26 >> Paludis has struck my interest but I'm just not sure what the runtime
27 >> requirements are, and how well it deals with normal gentoo binary
28 >> tbz2's (and their metadata). I think that libstdc++.so is a bit too
29 >> big for our boards, so any options with C++ dependencies are likely
30 >> out the door.
31 >>
32 >> Having python on our boards is not really an option either, and
33 >> therefore the factory 'emerge' also won't work (or will it??).
34 >>
35 >> Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm sure that some of you have dealt
36 >> with the same problem before.
39 >> Cheers,
40 >>
41 >> Chris