From: Ed Wildgoose <lists@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] netplug for embedded
Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 03:26:00
1 Peter Stuge wrote:
2 > On Thu, Feb 28, 2008 at 11:58:13PM +0000, Ed W wrote:
3 >
4 >> I get stuff when I plug and unplug stuff, but nothing when I put
5 >> the network cable in/out.
6 >> However, something appears in dmesg
9 > dmesg shows printk() text from drivers. The driver is saying that it
10 > got a notice from hardware that link status changed.
11 >
12 > This is never signalled to userspace using hotplug. I don't believe
13 > it is signalled to userspace at all. You would have to poll the
14 > interface.
17 OK, makes sense.
18
19 What's the best software to use to achieve the required effect? Is
20 netplug the right solution? I get the feeling that some stuff might
21 already be integrated into baselayout, but not really sure how all the
22 gentoo networking stuff works? Any pointers?
23
24 Cheers
25
26 Ed W