From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] crossdev to target question
Date: Mon, 09 Aug 2004 14:25:20
1 On Monday 09 August 2004 08:12 am, Jason Cooper wrote:
2 > If I was to build a toolchain with crossdev so I can develop code for an
3 > MPC8245 (powerpc), do I use arch=ppc or arch=ppc-eabi?
4
5 afaik, they really is negligible code generation difference between the
6 two ... you could probably just use arch=ppc
7
8 > Along the same lines (side project), I'm trying to get crossdev to build
9 > the ARM toolchain. My final target will be the iPod (armnommu) and the
10 > Zaurus (armv5te). Do I need separate toolchain arches or will a generic
11 > arm toolchain do both?
12
13 if you use the generic 'arm' target it should be fine
14 -mike
17 gentoo-embedded@g.o mailing list