From: Jason Cooper <gentoo@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-embedded] crossdev to target question
Date: Mon, 09 Aug 2004 12:12:16
1 Sorry for the basic question, I was just beating myself over the head
2 this weekend and confused myself thoroughly. :)
3
4 If I was to build a toolchain with crossdev so I can develop code for an
5 MPC8245 (powerpc), do I use arch=ppc or arch=ppc-eabi?
6
7 Along the same lines (side project), I'm trying to get crossdev to build
8 the ARM toolchain. My final target will be the iPod (armnommu) and the
9 Zaurus (armv5te). Do I need separate toolchain arches or will a generic
10 arm toolchain do both?
11
12 As you can tell from the questions, this is my first foray into
13 cross-development. Be gentle :)
14
15 Cooper.
18 gentoo-embedded@g.o mailing list