From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] uclibc use flag in busybox
Date: Fri, 02 Jul 2004 12:39:15
1 On Friday 02 July 2004 07:54 am, Peter S. Mazinger wrote:
2 > the busybox ebuild uses uclibc flag meaning/expecting that it will be
3 > cross-compiled.
4
5 the uclibc USE flag was introduced as a measure to work around a portage
6 system that couldnt support what we wanted/needed (cross compiling some core
7 packages with uclibc)
8
9 > All the other locations where use uclibc was introduced, gcc/binutils and
10 > so on mean, that it is building for uclibc, but does not mean (yet maybe)
11 > cross-compiling
12 > I would rather propose to change the behaviour in busybox to cross-compile
13 > only if /lib/libc.so.6 is found and uclibc is found in
14 > /usr/arch-linux-uclibc
15 > This function could be generalized so that it could be used in more
16 > ebuilds, the uclibc ebuild itself would benefit of it.
17
18 i would propose the following:
19 (1) remove the uclibc USE flag ... it doesnt work anymore with the newer
20 uclibc's anyways (wrapper toolchain was removed)
21 (2) introduce a variable to the profile, say PROFILE_LIBC, and in the uclibc
22 profile set it to 'uclibc' ... then in ebuilds, key off of that variable
23 -mike
26 gentoo-embedded@g.o mailing list