From: Marc Blumentritt <marc.blumentritt@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-embedded] Re: [baselayout2] Who should create /lib/rc/init.d/* ?
Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2007 21:02:01
1 Matthijs Kooijman schrieb:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > this might not really be the place to ask this question, but I'll go ahead
5 > anyway. If this really belongs somewhere else, don't hesitate to point that
6 > out.
7 >
8 > I'm building a small gentoo rootfs based on uclibc. After trying once with
9 > baselayout-lite (which kinda worked, but without any real init / rc support
10 > except for manually writing new rc scripts), I'm trying baselayout2
11 > (2.0.0_rc6).
12
13 I did the same and I'm still working on it (see my thread; 1.st mail was
14 on 17.10.2007). Right now I'm working on better mdev control, then I
15 want to create init scripts for certain bb tools like syslogd,
16 consolefont, etc.
17
18 If you need some input on how to use runlevels from baselayout-2 with
19 init from bb, I have described my setup in the thread mentioned above.
20 Otherwise I have an absolute minimal system with only uclibc, busybox
21 and baselayout-2 (and of course the kernel :-) ), which is altogether
22 around 3MB.
25 Concerning creation of dirs you mentioned. I never had the problem,
26 using standard runlevel startup (sysinit, boot and default) for booting.
27 On the other hand, once I tried to start one script inside of chroot
28 during building of the rootfs and then I got messages about missing
29 dirs, too. But since I do not normally start scripts during building,
30 this is not really a problem for me.
31
32 Regards,
33 Marc